The advent of the Internet Era has made everything almost too easy. Especially commerce and businesses. It is the same in the case of Multilevel Marketing (MLM) as well.
The internet has made it easier to find prospects who might be interested in your products or services and in joining your business. Now, it has made reaching out to strangers less awkward and even those without the necessary social skills can find ways to get new customers and clients.
There are a lot of ways that you can use the internet for finding new leads for your business. This article is all above the methods that you can try to gain more leads for your MLM business.
Some points to remember
Before you start figuring out ways to attract prospective clients and customers, there are a few things that you should keep in your mind. Firstly, you have got to know where you will be able to find them, virtually or physically. You have to know the right places to approach to advertise your product. Also, you have to figure out your selling points.
For example, you can approach someone who is looking for some extra money as a prospective distributor for your down-line. They will probably consider it as it is a good source of passive income. Or, if you are selling makeup, you can approach salon and beauty parlor owners with your products and services as you are more likely to make a sale there.
Now, it is time for you to figure out your target audience. People who need more income like college students or stay at home parents looking for something productive to do are good prospective distributors. People who make use of the products you are selling, for example, parlor owners if you are selling makeup, are the good target audience for your products.
Now, you have to figure out where you can find the target audience. You can find college students on college campuses. You can find your other target audience in online groups, etc. No matter what strategies or methods you come up with, you should always keep your target audience and their needs and desires in mind and how you can help them.
How to Generate Leads for MLM Business ?
The best way to start generating leads is by making a list of 100 people you know, called your warm market. Here, you try to recruit your friends and families into your business or sell your products to them. This trick is risky because you might be putting your relationships at risk and may end up annoying your people. So it is better to find people who are interested in what you are doing instead of signing up a friend who joined because they don’t want to disappoint you.
Ways to generate leads
The best leads that you can get are people who are actually interested in what you have to offer. They can genuinely make use of your service and products to satisfy their needs and desires. Here are a few ways to generate leads of your own.
- Build a website or blog – make sure to read your company’s policies regarding websites before you create one. A lot of the mainstream MLM companies offer you your own website or a page on their website. Some others let you make your own website. You can use platforms like WordPress or HubSpot to easily make your own website.
- Build a mailing list – After your leads visit your websites and are more aware of your services and products, ask them to join a mailing list so that they can be up to date about what you are providing. You can ask them to join the list by offering them something like reduced prices or free samples. A mailing list will help you maintain your customer base and keep them with you by providing valuable information related to your business and it’s general domain.
- Create good content – Write good articles or blog posts to intrigue your customers and prospects. Make them useful and informative but not like an advertisement. For example, if you are selling makeup, write a post about the latest makeup looks and how to use your products to achieve those looks.
- Use social media – Make Facebook pages and circulate it among your friends and contacts. Start a YouTube channel to give video demos about your products and provide more instructions and information regarding them. Promote your products using Pinterest or any other social media that you can think of. Social media can help you a lot in getting a lot of leads.
- Develop a referral program – Create a develop program with a reward system. For example, for every customer who joins your business because of referral from someone, reward them with special discounts or coupons.
The methods listed above are the ways that you can use the internet to generate leads. These methods are effective as well as efficient. There are some other methods that you can try which does not involve the internet. You can host gatherings and parties in your house or good locations where you can show people demos of your products as well as distribute some samples, if possible. You can call meetings for customer appreciation. You can make use of social gatherings or business meetings to let people know about your business and answer their questions regarding them.
Related: MLM Script for Network Marketing
Getting leads is only a small step in the sales cycle. You have to determine the leads who are a good fit for your business, target them to make your sales pitch and make sure to follow up on that. You will get turned down a lot of times and the sales cycle can be a real pain. But if you hang on, you will get a hang of how it is done and as long as you are genuine in your business and the services you offer can help people, there will always be customers and clients out there who want the things that you offer.